Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Moon Walk

No, I am not Michael Jackson, neither the others. But thousands of people are doing moon walk every month.

Tiruvannamalay is two hours bus journey from Pondy. In every full moon night thousands of people go there and walk bare foot for 14 km. The path is surrounding a hill with a temple on the top. After the walk people visit the temple and pray.

But mistakenly me and my small group of six more people went to the place day before the full moon. It was in a sense very good as it was not crowded. But still there were people walking with us. As far as I know at full moon night, the moon does not stay for a long time in the sky. But as it was not a full moon, the moon was with us for the whole night.

Sometimes it was dark roads with trees on either side; sometimes yellow street lights were making the roads mysterious. The moon was playing hide and seek with us and we were walking.

Me, Camille, Jeremie, Varun, Antoine, Andy and Tomas. We walked, walked and walked. It was so nice and especially nicer for me. In general I like late and quiet night. But I think it was one of the nights I will not forget easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment